Thursday, March 02, 2006

Will you ever play test cricket again?

Andrew asked me that question while I was washing up last night.

Of course I stopped washing up and looked at him, eager to hear more. Does my son think I was once a swashbuckling, globetrotting, batsman, striding out to the wicket carrying the hopes and dreams of my nation, before the call of fatherhood led me to shun travel and stardom in favour of records management consultancy?

Andew's next question dispelled my illusions: will you play test cricket for Battersea Ironsides again daddy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm a reporter at the London Informer, a new free weekly paper.
One of our regular features is a collection of snippets from
London-based blogs and your site caught my eye.
Basically, we give a snapshot of the site with a couple of pics and
details on how to find it.
If you're happy to be featured, please get in touch asap.
All I need is your name and a picture of you if possible.
When your site is featured, we would ask you to put our logo up on
your site.

Thanks,
Robert Cumber
London Informer
newshounslow@trinitysouth.co.uk
020 8538 2227