Wednesday, April 16, 2008

St Helens Green



This is the view from the cottage in St Helens, on the Isle of Wight, where we spent the first week of the Easter holidays.

It was the first time we had taken our dog on holiday. We didn't want to leave it on its own in a cottage it wasn't used to, but luckily we managed to get into a dog friendly routine.

Most mornings we booked the kids in for a pony walk from Sally's stables at Bembridge. The ponies walked for an hour along Bembridge beach while Tania and I followed behind with the dog. It is an interesting beach, the most easterly point of the Isle of Wight, with a vast limestone ledge jutting out from underneath a cliff. The ledge gets covered up at high water and is a notorious hazard to boats and yachts.


After the walks we would go to the Crab and Lobster pub in Bembridge, our favourite pub: it is dog friendly and does great prawns and chips.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry...I just find it interesting that my name is Tania Bembridge. I have never been to the Isle of Wight, but one day I plan to go. I live in the south in the states.